How Hydrian helps Ferguson scale, forecast, and more!
A Smarter, Results-Driven Approach to Reducing Stockouts and Optimizing Inventory
HYDRIAN IS INVENTORY OPTIMIZATION TAILORED TO YOUR GOALS
- No new systems to buy
- No staff to hire
- No long-term contracts
INVENTORY OPTIMIZATION STARTS WITH SETTING THE RIGHT GOALS
YOU BRING YOUR DATA, WE BRING EXPERTISE AND AI-POWERED ANALYSIS.
QUICK, LOW-RISK RESULTS
No New Systems
No new platform to learn or systems to configure
Our results keep you a client, not a contract
Not just strategies and recommendations — we deliver results
Supercharge Your Team
We become part of your team and a proactive partner
Hydrian has consistently proven that they can do more with less, providing improved delivery and higher in-stock rates while increasing inventory turns. They break down complex problems into clear, actionable recommendations, and we love the month-to-month structure.
– Heather Mather, Ferguson Enterprises
EASY START-UP, CONTINUED ENGAGEMENT, FOR SUSTAINED GROWTH.
Results today and tomorrow
CASE STUDY | 1 OF 3
MULTI-ECHELON INVENTORY OPTIMIZATION FOR $440M NATIONAL PARTS DISTRIBUTOR
We increased our inventory value by 20% with no measurable increase in fill rate. Nothing worked. Our system was not dynamic enough to keep up with changing sales volume, and we also didn’t have a good handle on how much to stock in each of our distribution centers. The result? Lost customers, chronic late deliveries, high shipping costs, high cancellation rates, and high return rates.
- Keeping current systems meant no new software investment and no delays
- New reporting enabled quick adoption and tangible results
- Rapid purchasing optimization created a dramatic spike in fill rates
- 55% reduction in stockouts in first 90 days
- 70% internal freight savings due to reduced transfers
- Fill rates jump to 98% (from 93%) in 2 lead-time cycles, with less inventory
- 24M annual revenue lift by recapturing “spilled” demand
- Order cancellation rates cut in half
CASE STUDY | 2 OF 3
Inventory / Incentive Optimization for $90M Omni-Channel Online Retailer
We were thrilled to diversify into ecommerce, but we struggled to adopt an appropriate inventory model. We followed our old B2B supplier strategies with our new B2C channel. It didn’t go well. Our legacy business model didn’t require the most structured inventory processes, and it quickly became clear that our ecommerce channel required far more discipline. Our staff was also overwhelmed with a high volume of low-impact procurement tasks, leaving little time for strategic planning in either channel.
- Inventory strategy through execution for both channels leveraged existing systems
- Offloading trivial decisions on a long tail of low-volume items freed existing teams to be more strategic
- Channel methodologies for sourcing, inventory, and purchasing aligned with new ecommerce models
- No long-term investment meant low-risk entry
- 12 hours of purchasing overhead saved per day
- Strategic focus enabled coordination with sales and marketing for ecommerce promotions
- A higher percentage of orders delivered in 2 days with optimized ecommerce channel
- 40% reduction in stockouts, no added inventory
- 12% EBITDA growth in 4 months from fill-rate driven revenue lift
- $600k profit lift from optimized supplier rebate utilization
CASE STUDY | 3 OF 3
Rapid Capital Release to Fund Expansion for $40M Online Retailer
We had limited visibility into our heavy investment of slow-moving inventory. Our warehouse staff could sense aging inventory was beginning to accumulate, but our systems were never configured to expose the right data to illustrate the problem. This lack of awareness significantly impacted our team, as excess stock costs tied up resources needed for future staffing. Then our annual bank audit surfaced our deadstock, leading to an unexpected reduction in our line of credit.
- Ability to identify hidden, high-impact inventory challenges typically not tracked by standard systems and enacted comprehensive strategies to remedy all issues
- Better use of existing systems and data revealed high ROI optimization opportunities that were executed with no additional training
- New processes and reporting empowered existing staff with broader inventory knowledge and more strategic perspectives
- Released $1.2M from inventory in 4 months
- Maintained 90%+ fill rate
- Hiring plan executed 9 months ahead of schedule
- DC expansion deferred due to freed space